School Nurse (part-time)
Rothesay Netherwood School (1877) is an independent co-educational boarding and day school for students in Grades 6 to 12, distinguished by its emphasis on academic excellence and on the development of character, courage, creativity, and community. Located in Rothesay, New Brunswick, we are an IB World School, a member of Round Square and, in addition to an exceptional academic experience, provide an extensive athletic, arts, leadership, and community service program, Outward Leadership excursions and daily participation in sports. While many of our 300 students are Atlantic Canadian, we also attract students from around the world. More information about our school can be found at www.rns.cc.
We are looking for a part-time Registered Nurse to join our Health Centre team comprised of 2 other part-time Registered Nurses and local affiliated health professionals. The school nurse ensures the Health Centre provides a welcoming and responsive environment and is uniquely qualified in preventative health, health assessment, and referral procedures. The school nurse coordinates and maintains the school health program by delivering services to students and staff members to enhance health and wellness in the school community. As well, the school nurse supports student learning and the needs of students by providing illness and emergency care, medication administration, case management services, and maintenance of student health records.
We are seeking a person with the following qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with a current license to practice in NB
- 4+ years' of active nursing experience in pediatric, adolescent, community or mental health nursing
- Current first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation/AED program certifications
- Appreciation of diversity and commitment to the goal of maintaining an authentic, inclusive community
- Highly organized with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills and competency using existing technology
- Ability to work part-time, with on-call duty on alternating weeks
- Valid NB driver's license
Interested individuals should send their resume plus covering letter in a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 14, 2020.