Alantra Leasing is currently seeking an experienced Senior Designer to join their growing team.
Known for their quality, professionalism, customer service, and innovation, Alantra Leasing has been Eastern Canada's leader in modular mobile and prefabricated structures since 1981.
The Senior Designer is responsible for overseeing all modular design projects, from conception to delivery. The main duty of the Senior Designer is to conceptualize and produce designs for our modular and prefabricated products.
- Develop and maintain in-house design standards.
- Develop and maintain paper & electronic filing system for completed projects and proposals.
- Review all designs to ensure quality.
- Consult with clients to understand design requirements.
- Analyze the intended use of the product and client preferences.
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, specifications and guidelines for production
- Conduct code reviews.
- Coordinate design details and flag questions, conflicts, or inconsistencies.
- Adapt existing / develop new modular details for construction drawings.
- Stay up to date with industry developments and tools.
- Consult with the construction team to complete inspections in order to ensure that quality and construction specifications are met.
- All other duties assigned as needed.
- 10 plus years proven work experience as a Senior Designer or similar role.
- A university degree or college diploma in architecture or engineering design is required.
- Extensive knowledge of the Canadian Building Code and other Canadian Regulations
- A thorough knowledge of fire safety requirements in building codes, fire codes and their referenced standards
- Proven project management skills with a portfolio of completed design projects.
- Proficient with various design software (AutoCad, Revit and Lumion).
- Able to work in a fast-paced and highly detailed environment.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision making and leadership skills.
Work With Us
This position offers competitive wages, benefits, and profit sharing.