Occupational Health and Safety Advisor
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources - OHS
CLASSIFICATION: Occupational Health and Safety Advisor
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: September 1, 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
08:00 to 16:00
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the authority of the Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness Manager, the advisor plays an active role in planning, organizing and implementing occupational health and safety measures as well as occupational health and safety standards and regulations in Vitalité Health Network facilities. He sits on the various joint occupational health and safety committees and plays an active role in the implementation of recommendations and follow-ups required. He oversees staff training with respect to various aspects of occupational health and safety. The advisor effectively manages claims from WorkSafeNB. He coordinates the application of the duty to accommodate. He takes part in the prevention of workplace accidents through the Joint Health and Safety Committee and the Accident Review Committee. He represents the employer with the WorkSafeNB Appeals Tribunal. He provides support to managers with respect to disciplinary measures and conflicts related to occupational health and safety matters within their departments. All this work is done in collaboration with the Human Resources team, managers, as well as staff and agencies who play a role in the working capabilities of Vitalité Health Network employees. Other related tasks might be added for the effective operation of human resources .
- Graduation from an accredited occupational health and safety program;
- Equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Three to five years of experience in the field of occupational health and safety and/or work disability;
- Knowledge with occupational health and safety legislation and regulations;
- Practical knowledge of the principles for the management of occupational health and safety hazards and risks or knowledge acquired through a training program;
- Knowledge of disability management;
- Excellent organizational skills, and demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"