Irving Shipbuilding in Dartmouth, NS
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, or 35 Mic Mac Boulevard, Dartmouth, NS, B3A 4Y8 is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
The Design for Build, (Manufacturing Engineering) Specialist, CSC is a full-time permanent position that will be responsible for Manufacturing Engineering activities (Manufacturing process, Build Strategy Development, Facility Gap Analysis, Software and Production Integration Issues) on the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) project.
- Development of Manufacturing Engineering & Production related processes.
- Assessment of Warship Design producibility characteristics and develop CSC Design producibility characteristics and design rules.
- Assessment of Warship Designer design and manufacturing processes to identify producibility risks, issues and work with Subject Matter Experts to generate proposals and business cases to resolve.
- Develop a detailed understanding of ISI production processes and practices and represent ISI production interests during CSC design.
- Assess Warship Designer design and production standards against ISI design and production standards and adapt them for the CSC project.
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams in support of development of the CSC design, particularly in relation to producibility, design for production, production design, and manufacturing process.
- Develop and foster client and subcontractor(s) relationships.
- Identify, manage, and mitigate risk items associated with CSC producibility.
- Interface with shipyard production and planning teams to ensure the CSC design adequately reflects facility limitations, capabilities, and build methodology.
- Propose design and process improvements related to vessel construction, shipyard safety, and production performance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Manufacturing/Production Engineering or similar.
- 5 years' experience in a complex system manufacturing environment.
- Experience with manufacturing process assessment and development.
- Experience creating production or process documentation (Manufacturing Instructions, Standard Operating Procedures and similar)
- 5 years' experience working in naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, offshore construction, and/or other large military procurement programs
- Experience using Product Life Cycle Management, NC, Planning or oth.er Manufacturing software and systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.