Accounts Payable Clerk
Our client, a successful, locally based company in the construction industry, is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for their office in Dartmouth. This role is a maternity leave term position and requires a diligent individual who is keen to join a busy, high volume environment with a large private Atlantic Canadian Company.
- Accounts payable processing
- Process and monitor payments and expenditures
- Maintain accurate electronic files and invoices
- Weekly check runs
- Prepare bank deposits
- Respond to vendor requests
- Resolve discrepancies with payments
- Process expense claims
- Other accounting support where required
- Assisting CFO and Controller as needed
- Post-secondary education in accounting or bookkeeping.
- 2-5 years' accounts payable experience
- Ability to pick up on new processes quickly and work under pressure
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Self-starter, ability to take initiative
- Construction industry experience is a strong asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Gillian A. Pendlebury, CPHR by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote position #AS14068-CB.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accountant Staffing is Atlantic Canada's only specialist recruitment firm focusing exclusively on the placement of accounting and finance professionals. Organizations use the services of Accountant Staffing to fill a variety of roles from Junior Accountant to Chief Financial Officer. For more information about Accountant Staffing or to view additional positions, please visit our website at www.accountantstaffing.com.