Team Leader, Fibreline Relief
Irving Pulp and Paper in Saint John, NB
TEAM LEADER, FIBERLINE RELIEF
We are looking for a Fiberline Relief Team Leader to join our team, based at the Irving Pulp & Paper Mill in Saint John, NB.
As a Relief Team Leader in the Fiberline, you will provide coverage for the Regular Team Leaders and supervise a group of approximately 25 operators with the objective of safely producing a premium Kraft pulp. This is a full-time position that entails working shift work. When not providing coverage, you will have the opportunity to work on other continuous improvement initiatives.
In addition to your direct reports, you will work closely with the department day staff, which consists of Operational Superintendents, Process Engineers, Maintenance, and E/I. Together with your team, you will help execute the strategies and initiatives that drive safety, environmental compliance, quality, and production goals.
- Provide leadership to various operational areas of the mill ensuring the safe, cost effective production of high quality kraft market pulp
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment and be responsible for daily supervision of unionized employees (i.e. assign work, set expectations, hold personnel accountable)
- Manage multiple tasks and promote safe work practices
- Ensure consistent adherence to ISO standards for quality and environmental management
- Adhere to labour contract and comply with all company procedures
- Think outside the box and constantly look for and highlight improvement opportunities
- Education Required: successful completion of 2 years post-secondary education
- Years of Experience (preferred, but not required): 2-5 years supervisory experience, preferably in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- Strong science, math, and mechanical aptitudes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to lead and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 18,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Pulp and Paper Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.