Project Manager, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Project Manager, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. As a member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in the world. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 23 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history.
This year, we will deliver the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years. And we're just getting started. We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
This is a permanent, full-time role located at 35 Mic Mac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, B3A 4Y8. The primary language of work is English. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and qualifications.
Reporting to a Deputy Project Director or Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will be part of the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Program team tasked with executing the Definition, and subsequently Implementation Program.
Depending on specific assignment a Project Manager will be accountable for:
- Management of defined work scope;
- Management and oversight of task funding mechanisms;
- Liaison with customer representatives to ensure their needs are understood and met;
- Establishment and implementation of project controls for cost, schedule and performance tracking, including earned value management and risk management;
- Implementation of process improvements to improve project execution;
- Collaboration with engineering and supply chain management to provide oversight and Governance of the Design Subcontractor's work;
- Evaluation of Subcontractor work proposals;
- Generation of costed proposals for new work scope including support for internal and external customer review;
- Accurate, timely and concise reporting to management and customer stakeholders.
- Liaison with other department including engineering contracts, supply chain, IT, finance & security
- Post-secondary degree, in business administration, engineering or related discipline required.
- Master's degree an asset
- PMP designation an asset, but not a requirement.
- 5 plus years of experience in a Project Manager role, working in an engineering/programmatic environment required
- Experience in the shipbuilding/naval sectors, major international contracts or Defence contracts required; An advantage if the candidates has experience in more than one of the aforementioned areas
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skill
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills; energetic and results-focused
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.