We are seeking an Accounting Clerk for a permanent position with our client located in the Halifax Regional Municipality. The successful candidate will have strong accounts payable skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Processing multiple client accounts payable invoices
- Responding to vendor communications/queries
- Preparation of cheque requisitions
- Preparation of multiple client cheque runs and electronic payments
- Maintaining and organizing post-dated cheques
- Managing PAD (pre-authorized deposit) changes
- Calculation of quarterly energy rebates as needed
- Managing petty cash
- Managing parking passes and payments
- Office supply orders
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- 3-5 years' experience in a full-cycle accounting support position
- Comfortable using technology with the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Superior attention to detail and communication skills
- Proven success in a deadline driven environment
- Positive, flexible and adaptable
Work With Us
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Gillian A. Pendlebury, CPHR by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote position #AS14066-CB.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accountant Staffing is Atlantic Canada's only specialist recruitment firm focusing exclusively on the placement of accounting and finance professionals. Organizations use the services of Accountant Staffing to fill a variety of roles from Junior Accountant to Chief Financial Officer. For more information about Accountant Staffing or to view additional positions, please visit our website at www.accountantstaffing.com.