Nackawic, NB, Canada Req #155
Tuesday, July 21, 2020
AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre. Located in Nackawic, New Brunswick, our pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the Saint John River, a short drive between Fredericton and Woodstock. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group's textile industry. The Nackawic Mill has an annual production of 175,000 tons; an onsite integrated Chemical Plant and Chip Plant.
Aditya Birla Group is a US $44.3 billion corporation; anchored by an extraordinary force of over 120,000 employees belonging to 42 nationalities, operating in 34 countries. Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the "top companies for leaders" study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
AV Group NB Inc. is currently recruiting for the following position: Mechanical Engineer
Reporting to the Reliability Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible to provide maintenance support services to the entire facility to increase reliability and minimize cost in compliance with corporate principles and guidelines and applicable legislation.
- Support maintenance & operations problem solving by providing advice or guidance when requested. Liaise with consultants and vendors on technical aspects of issues;
- Develop, communicate and implement maintenance procedures and troubleshooting guidelines to support consistency and efficiency;
- Participate in root cause problem elimination analysis and resolution;
- Support the implementation and execution of a preventative and predictive maintenance program;
- Assisting maintenance personnel in troubleshooting and solving repetitive maintenance failures to improve maintenance efficiency;
- Participate in shutdown coordination in support of Maintenance Planners and Mechanical Supervisors;
- Identify scope and estimate cost for repair and improvement projects
- Preference will be given to graduates from a Mechanical Engineering program;
- Certification in Mechanical Technology with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Proven track record in a Kraft Mill and or Pulp industry with 3-5 years relevant experience in a similar role would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional organization, decision making and problem solving abilities;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project, Maximo and SAP;
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to lead change and continuous improvement;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and to manage in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- Strong Leadership and communication skills;
- Performance management experience;
- Experience working as a Front Line Supervisor in a unionized environment would be considered an asset.
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc., you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application before August 14, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Nackawic, NB, Canada