Senior Property Accountant
Our client is seeking a Senior Property Accountant for a permanent opportunity in the Halifax Regional Municipality. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a positive team orientation and strong technical accounting skills to join this successful, local organization.
- Property accounting for a portfolio of properties
- Financial analysis
- Financial statement preparation
- Financial reporting
- Bank reconciliations
- Monthly rent roll
- Budgeting and forecasting management for each property
- Lease review and management
- Tenant charge-back calculations
- Year-end adjustments and audit preparation
- Additional projects and support for the Controller as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- 3+ years' experience at the senior accountant level
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation and experience in commercial property accounting will be considered assets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
- Strong technical accounting skills with the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Superior attention to detail and communication skills
- Experience using Yardi or a similar industry specific program will be considered an asset
Work With Us
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote position #AS14067-CB.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accountant Staffing is Atlantic Canada's only specialist recruitment firm focusing exclusively on the placement of accounting and finance professionals. Organizations use the services of Accountant Staffing to fill a variety of roles from Junior Accountant to Chief Financial Officer. For more information about Accountant Staffing or to view additional positions, please visit our website at www.accountantstaffing.com.