Opportunities for Installed Sales Representative
Kent Building Supplies in Antigonish, NS
INSTALLATION SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
Installation Sales Representatives provide expertise that allows customers to turn their dreams into reality. The service offered includes a free consultation, creation of a material list and design, and installation by qualified, local contractors. The sales team coordinates the entire project so customers can get the results they want by letting the professionals do the work.
Edit to include focus of position. The position will focus on installation of exterior product such as windows, doors and siding. / installation of floor coverings. / design and installation of kitchen and bath projects. Note if applicants need to drive their personal vehicle for work.
Typical career steps are to move to a role in contractor or commercial sales, or to become an installation sales department manager.
- Demonstrates high standards of safety and customer service
- Builds new business relationships with customers that will result in repeat business
- Prepares estimates and negotiates installation sales contracts
- Follows up on deliveries
- Continually learns about products and market conditions
- Ensures 100% customer satisfaction
- Problem solver who can work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, and can manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience in sales is preferred
- A knowledge of lumber and building materials, and the construction process is an asset
- Microsoft Office skills and willingness to learn new software programs
This position offers commission after a probationary period.
- $35,000 plus commission
- Drug and dental benefits; life and disability insurance; RRSP
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
- Structured Sales Training
Spring and summer are usually busy times for building supply companies, but this year may be unique. When regular shopping resumes, we will contact candidates who want to join our team. You can apply now to let us know that you are interested.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.