Miner's Memorial Manor is a dynamic health care facility which prides itself on warm, compassionate care for the older adult and their quality of life being the cornerstone of all our services and programs. We believe in providing a supportive work environment and value our employee's contribution to life at Miner's Manor.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Resident Care, the RN! is responsible for the overall day to day co-ordination and direction of nursing care provided by LPNs and CCAs, promotes recovery and health of residents by collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, being responsible for resident treatment.
Miner's Memorial Manor, a 49 bed licensed nursing home; 36 residents on our long term care unit and 13 residents on our residential care unit has openings for:
- Registration (current with no restrictions) with College of Registered Nurses Nova Scotia
- Current and clear criminal record check
- Current certificate in Standard First Aid and CPR or willing to obtain
- Experience working as an RN in geriatrics or long term care is an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication, effective leadership, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Initiates and participates in the nursing process and problem-solving process
- Motivated and committed to continuing education
- Willing to work shift work
- Ability to work with clients with various health concerns
- Salary according to NSNU collective agreement.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and/or questions, in confidence, to:
Please forward resume with cover letter to:
Nancy MacKinnon, Director of Resident Care
Miner's Memorial Manor
15 Lorne Street
Fax: (902)- 241-3445
To apply electronically, submit an application at: