Irving Paper Limited in Saint John, NB
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Irving Paper, Limited is a leading producer of specialty grade (SC) papers for flyers and magazines. Our technology gives us the flexibility to manufacture a full range of paper grades (from SBC to SCA ).
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our operations for Call Crew positions.
- Education Required: Completed 2 years post-secondary education within a related field: Process Control Technology / Chemical Technology / Mechanical Technology / Electrical Engineering Technology / Industrial Control Technology / 3 rd Class Powering Engineering
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years preferred
- Must be medically fit and physically capable of manual labor.
- Must have a general working knowledge.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Displays initiative and flexibility.
- Understands and is able to demonstrate analytical problem solving and decision making.
- This role will provide support to the following departments within the Irving Paper operation: Maintenance, TMP Operations and Finishing & Shipping Operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to...
- Providing relief for various operating positions, including clean up, lifting and handling of materials and general labour duties.
- Having strong interpersonal skills and promote safe work practices. You will need to demonstrate problem solving abilities, initiative and flexibility.
- The operation of motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment such as operating a forklift and various pieces of equipment will be required.
- Load trucks with product and complete paper work for inventory and shipments.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area and also assist other personnel as needed to maintain the same conditions in the department area.
- Maintain highly technical equipment.
- Shift work will be required.
Irving Paper is a 24/7 operation - shift work will be required in this role
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Paper, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.