Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 88145
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Cybersecurity Specialist to join our Technology team based out of our offices in Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Research and analyze the latest capabilities of Information and Cloud Security related technologies
- Perform investigative research, analysis and troubleshooting to identify, resolve, and report complex security issues
- Collaborate with MSS team to tune and enhance Information and Cloud Security solutions and technologies to keep up with the latest threats
- Provide insight on issues and serves as a mentor to Identity and Access management team members
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities
- Analyze security requirements for public cloud implementation and integration
- Perform threat simulations to detect possible risks, and to provide security recommendations
- Work directly with the Cyber Governance, Risk and Compliance team on all Cloud related matters
- Respond after-hours to priority or emergency IT security related events
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- 3+ years experience working in an Information Security role
- Familiarity and experience with implementation of Cloud Computing for an organization
- Knowledge of IT / Cyber security solutions such as Multi Factor Authentication, Risk Based Authentication, Data Rights Management, Identity and Access Management, etc.
- Thorough understanding of computer networking systems, database administration, and internet security.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical thinking skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of cybersecurity risk management and risk mitigation strategies
- Experience with cloud security, MS Azure preferred
- Security+, SSCP, CCSP or similar industry certification preferred
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing Organization
- Competitive Salary
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.