Medical Sonography Technologist-2 (SN02) / Diagnostic Imaging Technologist 2 (DI02)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Grand Falls General Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Medical Imaging
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Sonography Technologist-2 (SN02) / Diagnostic Imaging Technologist 2 (DI02)
STATUS: Temporary full time (approximately 10 months)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will perform various technical and clinical duties related to the work of a medical imaging technologist as well as various general ultrasound diagnostic procedures. Depending on operational needs, the successful candidate will work shifts at the Edmundston Regional Hospital and the Hôtel-Dieu Saint-Joseph de Saint-Quentin.
- Diploma from a recognized school of radiologic technology;
- Accredited with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) and the New Brunswick Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (NBAMRT);
- Member in good standing of (and accredited with) Sonography Canada;
- Current BLS certificate;
- Self-confidence and adaptability to change;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to Vitalité Health Network's professional ethical principles, management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.