Lindsay Construction is a company of engineers, contractors, and managers, active in civil, industrial, and building construction throughout the Atlantic Provinces. We have been in business since 1959 and have earned a reputation for performance and quality work. Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Lindsay Construction is ISO registered and has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies! For more information, please visit our website at: www.lindsayconstruction.ca.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the Engineering Technologist is responsible to work within Lindsay Construction's Engineering and CAD department, providing design support for construction projects. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work intimately with our project teams from concept to completion of a wide range of projects and will help to create and shape this role!
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Produce tilt-up panel drawings and associated detailing work (primary focus)
- Prepare drawings in Revit or AutoCad
- Work with Manager of Engineering to ensure the quality of detailing is consistent with the Company's standards
- Participate in field reviews and inspections as needed
- Assist with cost estimates and listings of quantities of material from conceptual drawings
- Assemble and coordinate sets of construction documents for all disciplines
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements, and other technical documents and reports
- Research and select material and product
- Assist with preparing concepts and presentation materials for proposals
- Collaborate on larger scale project pursuits where external design services are required
- Participate in establishing project drawing milestone dates
- Provide feedback to project lead regarding ability to maintain the requested schedule
- Manage drawing files storage
- Prepare drawings under the supervision of the project team, ensuring that all relevant structural reviews, code reviews, and overall project intent is represented in the drawings
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Completion of a 2- 3 year college program in architectural technology or a related subject
- Certification in architectural technology or in a related field through provincial associations of architectural or engineering/applied science technologists and technicians, such as C.Tech or P.Eng.
- 5 years of experience in an architectural or engineering practice or similar experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques preferred
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Excellent analytic, written, and oral communication skills
- Superior knowledge of building science and construction techniques
- Familiarity with National Building Code of Canada
- Experience with a wide range of illustration and rendering software is an asset
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this career opportunity, forward your resume, in confidence, to email@example.com. Please reference "Engineering Technologist NS200707-02CB" in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.