The General Manager provides leadership and strategic direction to the company and is responsible for growing the business and for ensuring its financial strength and operating efficiency. As the ideal candidate, you demonstrate a background in innovation and your track record demonstrates strong leadership abilities, strong communication skills, solid business acumen, and prudent financial management.
Reporting to President, you'll be accountable for obtaining company performance objectives, including revenue growth, profitability, cash generation, customer satisfaction, technology development, operational improvements, and employee development. This position is based in Chester, Nova Scotia.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Lead the company with full management responsibility for all business operations (P&L).
- Establish and manage the sales forecast, expense and capital budgets, ensuring corporate objectives are met.
- Develop strategies to produce growth.
- Review value propositions, strategies and operating plans and determine the immediate and longer-term courses of action to be pursued.
- Take a collaborative role, with the Sales and Marketing Manager, in identifying and developing new business opportunities and core areas for growth, including global sales and manufacturing capability development.
Innovation, Customer Service and Quality
- Oversee product evolution and R&D engineering activities. Provide a central focus for product development including concept definition, product and technology road maps, long range planning (staff and technology needs), and sustaining engineering.
- Maintain product and service quality, as defined by the customer; drive efforts to make continuous improvements.
- Ensure customers have a positive overall experience with GN and its representatives.
- Manage compliance with local, national and international regulations, such as CE and CSA.
People Management and Leadership
- Coach and mentor the leadership team. Challenge and inspire the team to achieve corporate and personal goals and to always strive to expand their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Lead and motivate all employees to achieve company targets and expectations.
- Promote teamwork and foster a positive and safe work environment.
- Provide leadership that's always geared towards problem resolution and that facilitates excellent working relationships.
- Develop and maintain the entrepreneurial culture and environment GN is known for by promoting ownership, innovation and reasonable risk taking.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability and respect and ensure that appropriate, timely, two-way communications is always happening.
- Foster a culture of engagement, continuous learning, personal growth and development.
- Develop and manage key performance indicators.
- Establish and meet commitments for market driven lead-times and on-time deliveries.
- Ensure tight control is maintained over business performance and that operating management responds quickly and effectively to any problems or adverse trends.
- Develop standards and policies as required and ensure compliance with company standards for efficiencies, cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety and complete on-time delivery.
- Proactively resolve technical, employee, and production issues to ensure success of the team and consistent production of products.
Public Relations and Company Image
- Manage the corporation's public image through effective media relations and communications.
- Build company/brand image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, sales representatives, agents, third party providers, etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of seven (7) years in a high-profile leadership role.
- Ten (10) years managing operations in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business (or equivalent).
- Solid understanding of running a complex multi-product international business with an international supply chain.
- Strong background and/or knowledge of marketing and sales.
- Proven ability to lead teams and individuals to achieve significant business targets.
- Solid understanding of Health and Safety.
How to Apply:
GN is offering a dynamic opportunity and a competitive remuneration package. Qualified applicants are invited to submit resumes and a covering letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About GN Thermoforming Equipment:
GN Thermoforming Equipment (gnplastics.com) is internationally recognized as one of the most trusted manufacturers of thermoforming machinery and tooling. Leading manufacturers of plastic packaging in more than 70 countries rely on their quality products and excellent customer service.