Our client, The Adelaide Oyster House, is looking to hire an Executive Chef to manage all aspects of their kitchen. The Executive Chef should have strong communication and leadership skills to help maintain a cooperative relationship with team members, optimizes staff productivity and works side-by-side with employees. You will work with staff to help create internationally inspired small plates, help to develop cooking techniques of current employee's, and oversee cooks performing food preparation. You will oversee delivery of food supplies, prepare special dishes and supervise overall kitchen operation during dinner service.
To achieve success you will work with your team to ensure they deliver high-quality dishes. Top candidates are creative, service-oriented and work well under pressure.
- Ensuring promptness, freshness and quality of dishes.
- Coordinating cooks' tasks.
- Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
- Designing new recipes, planning menus and selecting plate presentations.
- Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational and financial objectives.
- Hiring and training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers and
- Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and completing
- Setting and monitoring performance standards for staff.
- Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and
- Reporting to the general manager on a weekly basis. Tasks to be determined.
- 2+ years culinary education.
- 5+ years experience in a similar position.
- Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices.
- Proficient knowledge of human resources management.
- Excellent knowledge of back of house systems, ordering and inventory.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work during operational hours.
They offer a competitive compensation package that is inclusive of medical benefits!
Contact Stephanie Collins, HR Consultant/Recruiter at email@example.com
Our client embraces diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.