Medical Laboratory Technologist 3 (LT03)
Applicants must attach their Resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Hematology / Transfusion Medicine
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Laboratory Technologist 3 (LT03)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soons as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
C linical and technical work involving responsibility for a specific area or specialized testing beyond the scope of routine processing within a laboratory discipline, at a regional level. Responsibilities include assisting the clinical specialist or chief technologist of the designated section(s) for the provision of laboratory services. May include supervisory responsibilities. Employees may also perform the work of an LT2.
- Diploma from a recognized medical laboratory technology school or Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science;
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT);
- Minimum of three years of recent and related experience in hematology and transfusion medicine;
- Analytical thinking skills;
- Initiative and sound judgment;
- Knowledge of and compliance with laboratory safety principles;
- Knowledge of computers and software programs (i.e. WORD, Excel, Meditech and ESP);
- Positive leadership skills;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain policies and procedures;
- Excellent teaching, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong interest in acquiring additional knowledge in order to improve and maintain service quality level;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "