Process Excellence Lead
The Corporate Group in Dieppe, NB
Process Excellence Lead
Headquartered in Dieppe, New Brunswick, the J.D. Irving, Limited Moncton-based companies have plants, terminals, operations and sales offices throughout Canada and in the United States. We are a dynamic, rapidly growing and successful group with diverse interests. We're proud to be part of the larger Irving Group of Companies, a family owned business whose commitment to quality products and services dates back over 135 years.
J.D. Irving, Limited is currently seeking a Process Excellence Lead based out of our Head Office in Dieppe, New Brunswick. Reporting to the Director, Process Excellence, the Process Excellence Lead will work across all Irving Group Moncton companies to help build a culture of process excellence by training people on best practice process techniques, conducting process improvement projects, and performing Process Maturity assessments.
- Education required: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or other relevant field
- Years of experience: 8 years experience in process improvement, continuous improvement, or similar role
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification required
- Proven ability to connect Big Picture strategy to process-level activities
- Experience communicating clearly at all levels of an organization
- Ability to lead a cross-functional project team to understand process requirements
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn new systems such as Sparx and Procedure flow
- Lead and/or coach process projects in the business, including:
- Leading a cross-functional team to understand the process requirement
- Map out the current state
- Identify and remove waste
- Map the future state
- Document the work instructions and establish KPI's for the new process
- Assist with the development of Process training (Blue Belt, Process Owner, etc.) and deliver training in the business.
- Coach managers and process owners on effective daily management of their process to embed a culture of continuous improvement. This includes:
- Establishing KPI's that are aligned with strategy
- Establishing standard agendas
- Creating visual displays
- Engaging the team in ongoing improvement
- Support business with cascading strategy, analyzing business performance, and identifying key strategic process projects.
- Own the Process Maturity assessment process. Conduct assessments and coach businesses on how to improve results.
- Coordinate Process Excellence Council activities.
What We Offer:
J. D. Irving, Limited is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the candidate and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.