Pharmacy Assistant II (Part-time)
Sobeys Inc. in Hammonds Plains, NS
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
This site is a central-fill location that will be performing packaging services for our network stores in Nova Scotia, using packaging automation. The primary customers you will be supporting from this site are the Pharmacy Managers and staff from our internal Pharmacy locations. You will be expected to provide superior customer service to our internal pharmacy locations.
The Pharmacy Assistant II is responsible for providing superior customer service in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner. The Assistant is responsible to focus on the achievement of pharmacy excellence in the areas of customer service, workflow efficiencies and inventory management. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
This position is for shifts primarily on Saturdays and Sundays. There may also be an occassional opportunity for weekday shifts.
- Receive electronic and telephone requests and record deliveries
- Pill Pack Assembly
- Filing prescriptions, ordering and replenishing supplies, cleaning
- Drug order creation and receiving
- BTC management
- Administrative Duties: cycle counts, return to stocks, TML's
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Assist with other pharmacy operations as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Preferred: Undergraduate degree, Pharmacy Technology Certificate or other Pharmacy recognized program
- Previous pharmacy experience
- Experience with Sobeys National Pharmacy Group Computer systems
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies