Continuous Improvement Specialist
Kent Building Supplies in Saint John, NB
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Continuous Improvement Specialist position. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and team oriented individual possessing a strong work ethic.
- Supporting store operations in driving business improvement
- Leading the implementation of business improvement initiatives throughout the company such as 5S, Lean or Daily Management implementations.
- Using reporting and analytic software such as Tableau, Cognos and our Gemini system to deliver timely and insightful information to management.
- Learning and using process improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma to tackle business problems.
- Good communication skills including the ability to present to groups, facilitate meetings/workshops and interact with associates throughout the organization
- Ability to motivate a team
- Well-organized, with proven ability to manage deadlines and priorities
- Good attention to detail and basic math skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Excel and Power Point
Nice to have:
- University degree (preferably in Industrial Engineering, Engineering or Business)
- Project Management experience
- Familiarity with lean Six Sigma Methodology
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply on line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.