Team Leader, Chemical Recovery & Utilities (CRU) Relief
Irving Pulp and Paper in Saint John, NB
TEAM LEADER, Chemical Recovery & Utilities (CRU) RELIEF
We are looking for a Team Leader, Chemical Recovery & Utilities (CRU) Relief to join our team, based in at the Irving Pulp & Paper Mill in Saint John, NB.
As a Team Leader in the CRU, you will work with your team of power engineers to provide the mill with all utilities required to produce a premium Kraft product. You will be responsible for overseeing the efficient operation of the steam plant where we supply the mill's demand for steam and power, process water, and compressed air. You will oversee the re-causticizing process where we convert process chemicals back to use for the digesting process.
On day shift, you will work closely with the department day staff, which consists of Operational Superintendents of their area, Process Engineers, Maintenance, E/I, and Pulping Team Lead. Together with your team, you will lead the many strategies and goals that drive safety, environment, and teamwork.
- Shift work.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate work of employees on crew
- Assign work, set expectations and accountability for completion
- Ensure quality and timeliness of work is completed within budgeted parameters
- Assign and status jobs/coordinate operational schedule
- Adhere to labour contract and ensure compliance
- Communicate with other supervisors to help achieve and maintain smooth workflow and a high degree of productivity
- Foster an environment that is focused on safety and recommend process improvement initiatives
- Comply with all company procedures
- Ensure consistent adherence to ISO standards for quality and environmental management.
- 2nd Class Power Engineer
- Education Required: Completion of College / CEGEP / Vocational or Technical Training
- Years of Experience Required:
- 2-5 years supervisory experience in a production environment
- 2-5 years applicable trade experience in an industrial, mechanical, manufacturing or shipbuilding environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to lead and manage multiple priorities in a fast pace environment
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 18,000 dedicated employees.
- B&W Recovery boiler capable of processing 4.2 Mlbs/day of black liquor and 580,000 lbs/hr of 900 psi steam
- B&W Power boiler that burns biomass fuel, natural gas, and bunker "C". Capable of producing 300,000 lbs/hr of 900psi steam
- Two General Electric turbo generators. Both double extraction and one with condenser. Capable of producing all the in-house power of 31 Mw's.
- Upgraded and Modernized black liquor evaporator train within house condensate treatment. Concentrator and High Solids Crystallizer, bringing the firing solids to 74%
- Modern Andritz lime kiln and slaker in causticizing.
- 3 new modern automated Demineralizers trains.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Pulp and Paper Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.