Process Development Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Dartmouth, NS
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Located at 35 Mic Mac Blvd., Dartmouth Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in the world. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 23 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history.
This year, we will deliver the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years. And we're just getting started. We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Reporting to the Process Management Lead you will be responsible for maintaining and implementing improvements to the process management system. This is a full time, permanent staff role based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with members of the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Team to identify Process requirements for use to conduct business on the project;
- Demonstrate expert competence in Process Management techniques and best practices;
- Facilitate process mapping sessions to update and create process documentation with subject matter experts;
- Coach members from various levels of the organization to standardize and improve processes;
- Support the CSC Project through First Time Quality of Process creation;
- Manage and maintain robust system data throughout the Process Management Lifecycle;
- Manage and report progress on Process Management projects to support the CSC Project;
- Monitor performance of Process Management activities within the business and facilitate issue rectification;
- Deliver various Process Management training programs across the CSC Project;
- Liaise & communicate with Senior Members of the CSC Project (Process Owners) including, Program Management, Supply Chain, Planning, Engineering, Human Resources and Production on all Process Management topics and issues.
Qualifications - Knowledge & Skills:
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business or Engineering
- Years of Experience Required
- 5-8 years of relevant experience working in a manufacturing environment;
- Demonstrated experience in Process Management, Process Development/Improvement related projects;
- Experience with Shipbuilding or knowledge working with a Government or Naval customer base would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 compliance standards would be considered an asset;
- Experience writing Process Maps, Work Instructions, Procedures or similar documentation;
- Experience facilitating groups of subject matter experts in the development of processes;
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills;
- Proven ability to achieve high performance levels in a complex fast moving environment;
- Ability to manage through teamwork and influence non-direct reports;
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.