Program Advisory Analyst
Department of Finance and Treasury Board
Revenue Administration Division
Program Advisory Analyst
Pay Band 3
The Revenue Administration Division of the Department of Finance and Treasury Board has an opening for a Program Advisory Analyst working in Fredericton.
The Program Advisory Analyst is responsible for:
- providing sound interpretation and advice of administered acts and regulations such as Gasoline and Motive Fuel Tax Act, Harmonized Sales Tax Act, Tobacco Tax Act, etc. to Revenue and Taxation staff, other government departments, and to the general public;
- providing timely input, assistance and coordination in the development of existing legislation including advice and review of legislative proposals and administrative policy initiatives;
- providing input in the development of information materials for legislative and policy interpretations, and operational procedures;
- assessing guidelines, processes and risks to those processes while recommending policy and administrative options and ensuring processes are well documented and catalogued;
- participating in the development of clear program related information such as applications, instructional guides or pamphlets, procedures and manuals and editing final copy for accuracy;
- providing sound recommendations while balancing unique needs of the taxpayer and their right to objective and fair treatment;
- consulting regularly with Revenue Administration staff, other jurisdictions and stakeholders for the purpose of tax application & program guideline issues;
- conducting in depth research and analysis of tax application rulings and interpretations;
- participating and coordinating in the development and review of policy and administrative documents and written information materials/publications, rulings and interpretations; and
- consulting regularly with Revenue Administration staff for their input on improving forms based on their expertise in the processing of various refund programs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess: Bachelor degree with a minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
Spoken competence at the Intermediate plus proficiency level in English and French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Résumé should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate experience with interpretation of Legislation.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies: Client Service Orientation, Effective Interactive Communication, Impact and Influence, Results Orientation, Analytical Thinking/Judgment, and Teamwork and Cooperation.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies: Written Communication, Consulting Skills, and Basic Knowledge of Policy Development Processes.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment.
Salary: $1,729 to $2,417 bi-weekly
Applicants are to apply on-line no later than July 6, 2020 indicating competition number: 20-FTB-17. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 440-3544
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!