Manager QA & Testing
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 83682
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Information Technology
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys has an exciting opportunity available as Manager, QA & Testing. This role reports to the Director, CoE (Data Analytics, Integration, Delivery & Testing) and is based our of our office in Stellarton, Nova Scotia.
What you'll get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Lead the evolution of the QA discipline, incorporating best-in-class testing frameworks, practices and tools (including but not limited to ALM and automation)
- Define and own the QA methodology with metrics-driven continuous improvement; analyze metrics and implement continuous process improvement
- Expand coverage of test plans and test cases covering functional product, integration, performance, regression and client acceptance testing with a strong focus on increasing automation
- Contribute to the scalability and performance testing strategy and execution
- Shape and support the adoption of test driven development and agile techniques
- Establish and evolve test standards, environment monitoring and automated tools for continuous enhancement of IT project risk mitigation
- Act as an expert, delivering comprehensive and transparent advice and communication to business teams, highlighting project risks and delays
- Approve all test plans and ensure adhered to by the project teams
- Accountable for Store Systems QA and Integration Testing
- Lead a team of Quality Assurance and Testing analysts to bring greater transparency of overall IT enterprise, and defining QA and testing processes, timing, and estimates
- Coordinate the release of application and technical changes through
- agreed environments
- Standardize and simplify technology platforms and processes with key stakeholders
- Improve technical delivery, speed to market, fewer defects and improved user satisfaction; reducing overall cost to deliver technical solutions
- Drive employee engagement by providing leadership, coaching and development to team
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Business
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in IT project delivery
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, projects, and processes
- Extensive knowledge of IT practices and processes such as SDLC, Testing Best Practices, and PMP
- Ability to quickly define detailed testing and QA impacts and requirements for complex, cross-functional IT projects
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resources to various and dynamic initiatives
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate technical issues to help others make sound decisions
- Strong ability to build trusted cross-functional relationships
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.