Quality Assurance Automation Engineer (Data)
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer (Data) to join our team in Halifax, NS .
This role will be part of an agile team and will involve analysis of user stories. Testing is focused on ensuring that projects and products meet system quality standards by planning, designing, automating and executing the appropriate test cases. This includes developing and executing automation strategies, mining and manipulating test data (PL/SQL) scripting and executing test cases, front-line triage of issues found during execution, and retesting of defects through resolution.
-Provides quality assurance of deliveries from our development team in an agile / data population environment.
- Can work with a wide range of teams across various locations and time zones.
- Work collaboratively with development & business colleagues to define acceptance criteria.
- Good Working knowledge of SQL and ability to create and execute automated tests with our standard toolset, methods, practices.
- Analyze defects from manual and automated runs; work with Dev / BA to resolve as one team.
- Document defects in JIRA and link these to their respective User Stories.
- Build and demonstrate a deep understanding of technical business domain knowledge.
- Mine and manipulate data to create test data and test cases for multiple projects.
- Analyze current processes and propose recommendations for process improvements.
- Strong experience with SQL and/or PL/SQL required & at least one coding/scripting language(Java and/or Python preferred).
- ETL knowledge and experience required (Informatica preferred).
- Experience with web services test tools desired (e.g. SoapUI, SOA Test) plus exposure to REST services and RestAssured.
- Experience of Agile Methodology is mandatory and previous experience in Waterfall strongly desired.
- Experience with Jira is essential.
- AI or NLP experience would be a definite asset.
-Strong technical skills including a broad understanding of relational databases, file processing and web-enabling technologies.
- Exposure to Big Data / AI / Machine Learning would be advantageous.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Job Segment: Database, Consulting, Quality Assurance, Developer, Java, Technology
Apply now »