FCNB is a leader in integrated financial and consumer services regulation. FCNB's mandate is to protect consumers and enhance public confidence in the financial and consumer marketplace through the provision of regulatory and educational services. With offices in both Fredericton and Saint John, it is responsible for the administration and enforcement of provincial legislation regulating mortgage brokers, payday lenders, real estate, securities, insurance, pensions, credit unions, trust and loan companies, co-operatives, and a wide range of consumer legislation. FCNB is an independent Crown corporation funded by the regulatory fees and assessments paid by its regulated sectors.
We offer opportunities for dedicated professionals to play a vital role in carrying out our mandate.
Do you have the ability to methodically analyze and resolve technical problems, and are eager to learn new technical skills? We are seeking a self-motivated System Administrator who will be responsible for the maintenance and administration of the Commission's cloud-based Microsoft Office 365 Online, SharePoint Online and related tenant(s), architecture and functionality.
You will be part of a growing team of IT professionals that advance FCNB's expanding information technology-based initiatives.
Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer, your responsibilities include:
- Maintain, configure and generally administer the various Microsoft based software and data systems within the Commission;
- Manage the license, subscription, authentication and logging configurations of the various tenant(s);
- Identify, implement and manage effective cybersecurity controls for the various tenants;
- Administer, support and configure MS Office 365 and Sharepoint applications for FCNB staff;
- Provide primary triage and handling of user support issues in relation to the use of the Commission's cloud-based systems;
- Build and maintain appropriate knowledge base documentation regarding the Commission's cloudbased systems;
- Participate as a member of the FCNB's Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan team as required.
- A college diploma or bachelor's degree in computer science, data analysis, information technology, information security, or a similar field.
- 3+ years working in one or more of MS Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange and/or Azure based environments in an administrative capacity.
- A solid general understanding of the MS server products and the various MS cloud-based services and their utility.
- Solid experience configuring and administering MS Exchange online.
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience using PowerShell scripting for administration and automation.
- A solid understanding of computer and networking infrastructure, operating systems, and application software development.
- A good general understanding of cybersecurity risks and cybersecurity risk management best practices.
Any of the following are an asset to your application but are not explicitly required:
- Appropriate MS certification(s)
- Understanding of electronic records management and document lifecycle standards and best practices
- A current or pending cybersecurity certification (e.g. CISSP, GIAC, CISA, CISM)
The Financial and Consumer Services Commission offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as excellent opportunities for personal growth and challenge. If you are interested in being a key part of this team, please forward your résumé and covering letter to:
Financial and Consumer Services Commission
ATTN: Human Resources Officer
For more information about this position please visit our website at www.fcnb.ca or call the Human Resources Officer at (506) 643-7858.