Program Manager- Training Integration
Fleetway Inc. in Halifax, NS
PROGRAM MANAGER- TRAINING INTEGRATION
Chart Your Course with Fleetway Inc...
- Are you passionate about Project Management?
- Are you known to be the person who 'gets things done'?
- Do you have the desire to join a rapidly growing, coast-to-coast team of industry professionals changing the face of the Canadian Navy?
With a strong foundation established over 30 years, Fleetway offers a comprehensive capability of engineering, technical, logistics, and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers.
Fleetway experience includes project design and development, project implementation, in-service support, and disposal services. Serving commercial and government clients in the marine, naval, oil & gas, and other industrial sectors, we have the people, the credentials, the infrastructure, and the proven track record to provide our customers with the service excellence and value that they are looking for.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 designation.
We are looking for a Program Manager- Training Integration for our Dartmouth, NS office.
As the Program Manager of Training Integration, you will identify and execute on the training opportunities needed to ensure a seamless transition of newly constructed ships into service with the customer. You'll also be responsible for ensuring the development of the training activities to support both the shipbuilding team and the customer's crews needed to fit out and set-to-work new ship systems and facilitate an in service transition of the ship with the customer. Your ability to draw on past experiences and provide innovative solutions will serve you well in this role!
- University Degree in (Engineering or Business preferred)
- PMP certification required
- 5-8 years relevant work experience
- Marine/aerospace experience an asset
- Must be able to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods and Reliability status
- Practical experience of having been a project/program manager for large and complex training integrations
- Proven stakeholder management skills and experience managing a team
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills, written and oral and exceptional organizational skills.
- You will guide the customer through the training progression needed to ensure a fluid transfer of custody of each ship delivered such that maintainers and operators are fluent in processes and procedures needed to employ the vessel.
- You will the lead Training Program Team to complete all contracted training deliverables efficiently and on time, ensuring they support the overall training goals agreed with the ship builder and customer.
- You will collaborate often with Cross-Functional Engineering, Production and Test and Trials groups to identify Platform and Combat Systems training necessary to create the capability in the ship building team needed to set-to-work of equipment and systems, support in-situ Factory, Harbour and Sea Acceptance Trials (FATs, HATs, and SATs). You'll also establish these activities within the program scope with the ship builder.
- You will present to senior management, including the ship builder and customer, an articulate business case to explore and fulfill the training needs and means to maximize utility of the ship at handover.
What We Offer:
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience, along with a comprehensive package including:
- Health and wellness benefits (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Flexible work hours
- Enrollment in company RRSP matching program
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.