Manager, Systems Optimization and Support
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 86281
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Operations Retail Support
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
- Act as a technical expert with knowledge of the key systems of all banners;
- Share knowledge with other team members to maximize overall team effectiveness in supporting change and usage of key systems;
- Support creation of SOPs, design of, technical training, development of technical curriculum;
- Act as an integrator on systems and process training needs;
- Drive continuous improvement of team analytics by ensuring that any system changes that may impact reporting is identified and managed;
- Monitor compliance and performance of all stores/banners/formats and engage with format leads on opportunities;
- Collaborate with and support project team members to achieve success with their assigned work;
- Monitor all system changes to ensure pilots and deploys are handled effectively with a focus of mitigating risk to the business;
- Collaborate with IT on continuously improving the process of managing system changes from point of requirement to full deploy;
- Ensure adherence to government regulations (including OHS standards).
- Hold a bachelor's degree;
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Retail Manager or Assistant Manager or equivalent work experience;
- Knowledge of systems used is stores (CAO, Periscope, SGM/ISP);
- Full knowledge of company policies and department procedures;
- Working knowledge of business processes tools;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Solid communication skills (both oral and written);
- Ability to influence positive change;
- Knowledge of SAP (An advantage).
The Manager of Systems Optimization and Support is responsible to lead all projects for store tools and the maintenance, development and optimization of all the key store systems.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.