FCNB is a leader in integrated financial and consumer services regulation. FCNB's mandate is to protect consumers and enhance public confidence in the financial and consumer marketplace through the provision of regulatory and educational services. With offices in both Fredericton and Saint John, it is responsible for the administration and enforcement of provincial legislation regulating mortgage brokers, payday lenders, real estate, securities, insurance, pensions, credit unions, trust and loan companies, co-operatives, and a wide range of consumer legislation. FCNB is an independent Crown corporation funded by the regulatory fees and assessments paid by its regulated sectors.
We offer opportunities for dedicated professionals to play a vital role in carrying out our mandate.
Our IT mandate is expanding, and we are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Cybersecurity Officer who has the primary responsibility of keeping FCNB's electronic assets, information technology systems and staff as safe as possible from cybersecurity threats and risks. This position will have an interesting variety of responsibilities, including to:
- Monitor cybersecurity trends and threats and keep key IT staff informed of emerging issues and trends;
- Issue Cybersecurity Alerts to FCNB staff when warranted;
- Maintain and update FCNB's NIST based Cybersecurity Plan;
- Manage and track FCNB's staff's participation in FCNB's cybersecurity awareness program;
- Monitor and review internal phishing email and other logs as well as other cybersecurity related risks and events and take appropriate steps to mitigate new threats;
- Participate in government and other cybersecurity risk committees;
- Participate in the maintenance and testing of FCNB's Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan;
- Assist in the conduct of penetration and vulnerability scanning and testing of FCNB IT resources;
- Conduct general cybersecurity training for FCNB staff and its stakeholders.
This position reports to the Chief Information Officer and the Chief Information Security Officer.
You possess a college diploma or bachelor's degree in computer science, data analysis, information technology, information security, or a similar field and have obtained or are working on a cybersecurity certification. You have some experience (1-3 years) in conducting cybersecurity and/or information security management procedures; a solid understanding of the full spectrum of cybersecurity risks and attack vectors, risk management strategies and frameworks (particularly NIST) as well as experience with computer and networking infrastructure, operating systems and application software development.
You are a tech savvy individual with excellent communication and writing skills as well as keen organizational and time management abilities to cope with sometimes rapidly changing and competing demands. You have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and enjoy working on outcome focused projects involving deadlines.
The Financial and Consumer Services Commission offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as excellent opportunities for personal growth and challenge. If you are interested in being a key part of our IT team, please forward your résumé and covering letter to:
Financial and Consumer Services Commission
ATTN: Human Resources Officer
For more information about this position please visit our website at www.fcnb.ca or call the Human Resources Officer at (506) 643-7858.