Reference # HL-13859
We have an exciting opportunity with our client in Dartmouth, NS. Mara Renewables Corporation (MARA) is a Nova Scotia-based company that researches, develops and deploys proprietary biotechnologies for the economical and sustainable production of renewable oils and high-value bio-products. MARA's manufacturing subsidiary, Algal Omega 3 Limited, is located in Liverpool, UK.
MARA is currently in a growth phase of expansion through various joint ventures and projects. This is an amazing and growing organization and they are looking for an Accountant who wants to continue to build on their financial knowledge and skill to join their team. The Accountant will be involved in the day-to day accounting function for MARA.
Responsibilities in this role, among others, will be:
- Participating in the day to day accounting and administrative functions including preparation of journal entries, accounts payable and accounting reconciliations.
- Responsible for coding and ensuring accurate entry of accounts payable invoices.
- Preparing monthly internal financial statements for multiple companies.
- Assisting with the year-end audit of financial statements for MARA preparing audit working papers.
- Preparing annual SR&ED claim reporting, assisting with government audits and Statistics Canada Reporting.
- Preparing and submitting bi-weekly payroll.
The idea candidate will have:
- University degree in business or accounting. Working towards an advanced degree or professional accounting designation is an asset.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, specifcally Excel and ability to learn new software.
- Professional and proficient communication skills are vital in this role.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
We are looking for a deadline driven accounting professional. If you are looking to grow your skills and you demonstrate strong ethics and integrity in all that you do, this is the opportunity for you. We are looking for someone who can work independently, holds themselves accountable and who is disciplined and hardworking. If this sounds like you, apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.