Fleet Logistics Manager
Kent Building Supplies in Lower Sackville, NS
Fleet Logistics Manager
Kent B uilding S upplies is Atlantic Canada's largest building supply company. Our operations are based in the Atlantic Provinces , keep ing all opportunities right here at home.
In the Halifax , Nova Scotia market, we have four busy retail locations, an I ndustrial Commercial Supply store as well as our new Metro Operations Center.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Fleet and Logistics Manager to join the Metro Operations Center team in the Halifax market.
The Fleet Logistics Manager's primary job function is to p lan and direct the daily requirements of the w arehouse, s hipping, r eceiving departments as well as coordinate the l ogistics of all outbound and inbound shipments. The right candidate will also be adept at effectively creating, implementing and directing policies, objectives, and initiatives for the shipping department in conjunction with corporate oversight and?goals.
This is an opportunity for an experienced logistics professional to join the Kent team and work with us to implement best practices in Supply Chain and Fleet Logistics.
- Customer Deliveries
- Fleet Management
- Shipping & Receiving L ogistics
- Dispatch Best Practices
- Scheduling & Planning E fficiencies
We are looking for someone to spend 50% "boots on the ground" optimizing operations and motivating the team to reach their full potential and the other 50% strategizing , creating, implementing and directing policies, objectives, and initiatives for the shipping department to optimize our fleet operations .
Fleet Logistics Manager Primary Duties:
- Optimize the flow of deliveries in our largest market
- Support the team and the organization through a new ERP implementation (coming Fall 2020) while m aintain ing efficiency during the ERP cross over
- Develo p and implement strategies/initiatives to control or reduce operational costs
- Optimize the utilization of assets including facilities, vehicles and operations equipment
- Manage logistics cost striving to achieve lowest delivered cost of goods. Maintain and improve Logistics metrics (KPIs)
- Drive operational excellence within the requirements of health and safety
- Strong knowledge of Sup ply Chain, Fleet Management and/or Logistics
- Experience in warehouse operations , business process es
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft operating systems such as MS Project, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to recognize logistical problems, challenges or opportunities that may arise and work with functional and management team s to evaluate and provide solutions .
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to build strong relationships throughout the organization
- Comfortable speaking with stakeholders from all areas of the business and at all levels of leadership
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Strong results orientation - Sets and accomplishes challenging goals by leveraging team resources effectively
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Logistics experience at a senior level (2-3 years) preferred
- Building supply industry knowledge would be an asset
- Familiarity with routing, dispatch and warehouse management systems is required
Interested? Please apply on line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.