Engineer - Platform System Delivery
Irving Shipbuilding in Dartmouth, NS
ENGINEER - PLATFORM SYSTEM DELIVERY
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7 or 35 Mic Mac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, B3A 4Y8 Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited family of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in the world. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 23 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history.
This year, we will deliver the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years. And we're just getting started. We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
The Platform Delivery Team is responsible for ensuring that ISI can successfully deliver a Platform that meets the requirements set by Canada in line with program's schedule constraints. Responsible for understanding all of Platform's contractual obligations and driving the Platform's Technical and Zonal Functions to execute the work packages in a timely manner.
This is a permanent, full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
- Assist in the delivery of a Platform System design that is compliant with all SRD requirements and provides the evidence to be accepted by Canada
- Support the Platform Systems Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) meetings and working groups
- Ensure that all contractually required outputs (CDRLs & SoW requirements) are completed to schedule and Accepted by Canada?
- Assist in the delivery of a Platform System design to schedule that can be procured, manufactured, and integrated at the Halifax Shipyard
- Support the scheduling, planning and conduct of assigned ISI and Platform Systems activities in support of program milestones
- Driving completion of work packages including design changes and Technical Information Requests
- Assist the Senior Management team with strategic and tactical continuous improvement activities
- Conduct progress meetings, produce metrics, and manage progress to the schedule
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/ Naval Architecture
- Naval ship design and/or build experience
- Experience in a "new build' first of class shipbuilding program
- Strong desire to work with people and drive projects to completion
- Knowledge of working with a Government and Naval customer base
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite and PLM Systems (Windchill considered an asset)
- Eligibility for membership with Engineers Nova Scotia as a Professional Engineer
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies.
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Erin Sloan at: email@example.com .
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.