Accounting Student - Fall 2020 - Saint John
Irving Business Services in Saint John, NB
ACCOUNTING STUDENT FALL 2020 (CO-OP OR INTERN)
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
We have an excellent student program at J.D. Irving, Limited with formal and informal opportunities to meet and network with people from across the business, including other students. This is a great experience that will provide you with challenging, valuable work in addition to having the opportunity to work with one of Canada's largest privately held employers.
This Accounting Student position is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure in the accounting field with a large and diversified company. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with the team's accountants and gain hands on experience in a fast-paced group.
This position is located in Saint John, New Brunswick.
This is the Right Work Term for You if You Have:
- Education Required:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Business degree program
- In good academic standing and returning to school.
- Years of Experience Required:
- Long term interest in an accounting career and pursuing the Chartered Professional Accounting Designation
- High energy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (particularly Excel)
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- A change mindset with an eye for process improvement
- Assist with year-end coordination and activities
- Perform accounting transactions
- Perform various compliance audits
- Use of latest tools and technology
- Complete work term project
- Complete recommended training
- Collaborate with other students on team projects
When applying please be sure to include your resume and transcript .
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.