Irving Business Services in Saint John, NB
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Financial Analyst to join the JDI Finance Transformation team in Saint John, New Brunswick.
This rewarding role will provide the candidate with the training and opportunity to work with businesses to identify business requirements and develop the best solutions for their future needs. The position will provide the candidate with growth and learning, including training and hands on experience with rapidly evolving analytical tools, while developing their skills in business modelling and analytics.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build comprehensive financial models for financial planning and analysis
- Support and maintain existing financial forecasting models
- Elicit requirements, design, and develop new financial forecasting models
- Work to achieve quality standards and schedule of projects
- Work effectively with teams to determine and implement solutions to problems
- Assist with other analytics projects as required, including evaluating financial impact of recommendation
- Communication with stakeholders of varying organizational levels
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics or related discipline
- Professional Accounting/Finance designation or actively pursuing is an asset (CFA or CPA)
- 2-3 years of accounting, finance or related experience
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- High degree of curiosity
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
- Strong organization skills and a strong sense of urgency
- Familiarity with Planning Analytics (TM1), Tableau, or other analytical tools is an asset
What We Offer:
As a valued member of our Finance team, you have the opportunity of a multitude of career paths across a number of diverse industries, all while building your skills with the organization. We offer a competitive benefit and salary package, and continuous training and development opportunities. Our head office location offers an employee fitness facility, as well as a café and parking garage.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Please apply online.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.