Manager Convenience Store
Sobeys Inc. in St. John's, NL
Needs Store Manager (Franchise) Military Road St. John's
The Store Manager will provide and communicate the strategic direction and vision for the store. The Store Managr will manage all facets of store operations and ensure operational excellence in retail merchandising, inventory management, employee engagement, and customer engagement and relations.
The Store Manager will coach and develop the store team to provide superior customer service and shopping experiences achieved through execution of strategy, customized for the local market in an engaging working environment, while achieving budgeted financial results.
- Create a coaching and development culture for all store employees which embraces a passion for food
- Oversee total store talent management including recruitment, succession planning, orientation, training, performance management, and compensation
- Ensure the communication of operational requirements/ changes and store vision to total store
- Understand and respond to local market needs and competition
- Ensure superior execution of the retail commercial program and provide feedback and recommendations to appropriate parties
- Role model, coach, and reinforce customer service expectations on a daily basis for all staff
- Ensure community presence by working with store management and community partners to host/ support community events
- Create a shopping experience that engages customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, and profit
- Execute winning conditions as required
Policy/ Regulatory Adherence
- Ensure all applicable company policies and procedures are communicated and adhered
- Responsible for ensuring that OH&S, food safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained
- Participate with local store marketing to identify and capitalize on opportunities within store/ market
- Responsible to ensure efficient operation of the business to achieve all financial targets and deliver on budgeted KPI's
Personal/ Professional Development
- Thoroughly understand all relevant company programs and attend training as required
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends
- Be known as the "employer of choice" by actively supporting an environment of employee engagement
- Order equipment
- Coordinate maintenance of store equipment and repairs
- As requested by the company
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Full knowledge of retail operations and skills throughout the total store
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of SAP
- High School Diploma
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.