Business Intelligence Architect
The team at WorkSafeNB is passionate about promoting health and safety in New Brunswick workplaces. When a workplace injury does occur, we provide caring recovery and return to work services, benefits, and compensation to injured workers and their families. We are focused on driving a safety-first culture, providing excellent service to our clients and maintaining a sustainable system that ensures New Brunswickers are protected for generations to come.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Architect who can be based in either Saint John, Grand Bay, Dieppe or Fredericton. You will report to the Director, Business Information Services. As a BI Architect, you will support our business users to take control of their data and getting value out of it by defining a reference architecture for Business Intelligence & Analytics. This means that you will work closely with business leaders and the IT teams to define and implement a roadmap on data management, business intelligence or analytics solutions.
You will consult, develop and report on key performance metrics, and the drivers of those metrics, as well as help build a future business intelligence/data warehouse platform to run analyses and reports that deepen our understanding of activities and deliver actionable insights in both financial and non-financial operating metrics. You will also take an active role in data governance initiatives for the organization.
Your main tasks/responsibilities will include:
- With business stakeholders, define, challenge and prioritize data requirements.
- Analyze and assist in solving business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Ensure business access to adequate, understandable, accurate data.
- Design advanced conceptual, logical and physical data organizations, models, repository, dashboards and reports.
- Partner with other architects to define metadata layers, technical strategy and optimal integration within existing IT landscape.
- Take an active role in data governance initiatives. This includes but is not limited to, development of the roadmap and implementation of tools and process capabilities for data catalogue, metadata management, and data quality management.
- Design, develop and continuously improve supporting activities (automation of versioning and release management, scheduling, security models, and impact assessment of new changes).
- Take an active role in supporting self-serve capabilities by assisting in the training of employees on reporting tools.
- Develop, implement and maintain best practices and standards for delivery, quality, and visual presentation of BI solutions.
You will have demonstrated abilities in the following competencies:
- Client Focused
- Influential, Articulate & Persuasive
- Team Work & Collaboration
As an ideal candidate you possess:
- Advanced knowledge in data warehouse dimensional modelling.
- Hands-on knowledge of data modelling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
- Experience with data visualization design
- Business intelligence experience with front-end BI tools is required (experience with Power BI is highly preferred, experience with Cognos, Tableau, or similar is an asset).Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and relationship building skills are required: proven ability to communicate with both non-technical business teams as well as with technical teams is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and relationship building skills are required: proven ability to communicate with both non-technical business teams as well as with technical teams is required.
Proficiency in English, written and spoken, is required.
WorkSafeNB offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life insurance and LTD insurance)
- Pension plan (New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan)
- Competitive vacation and leave benefits
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development
If you are interested in an exciting and rewarding career with WorkSafeNB, please apply online at www.worksafenb.ca by June 4, 2020.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.