Kent Building Supplies in Truro, NS
Looking after seasonal, plumbing, electrical and lighting department, opening and closing store.
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Zone Managers are responsible for the sales results and daily management of several departments. This includes executing marketing campaigns, managing inventory and participating in meetings, in addition to serving customers, merchandising and supervising associates.
Typical career steps are to work in process improvement or become an assistant store manager.
- Leads area by demonstrating the highest standards of safety, customer service and merchandising
- Communicates information and priorities to associates and ensures they have the direction and tools needed to complete their tasks
- Manages associate performance through feedback and identifying training opportunities
- Handles associate and customer concerns in a fair and professional manner
- Can manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Motivates others through their positive attitude to always be improving
- Demonstrates the drive and commitment needed to reach goals
- Experience in retail sales and supervision
Apply Today! Please apply on line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.