Manager - Forest Products Market Analytics
New Brunswick Forest Products Commission
MANAGER - FOREST PRODUCTS MARKET ANALYTICS
The New Brunswick Forest Products Commission, in Fredericton, is seeking an individual for the position of Manager - Forest Products Market Analytics.
The Commission is responsible for developing, facilitating and/or supporting strategies that are in the best interest of the Province of New Brunswick, and for the overall conduct and performance of the regulated forest products marketing system in New Brunswick, while ensuring the respective Forest Products Marketing Boards properly exercise the powers granted to them.
Reporting directly to the Commission's Executive Director, the Manager - Forest Products Market Analytics will be responsible for the development, monitoring, evaluation, and enforcement of data reporting systems for primary forest products and for the management of strategic and operational initiatives. The incumbent, in compliance with the Government of New Brunswick's Formal Management System, will focus on performance reporting and accountability to the Commission through the Executive Director. The Manager - Forest Products Market Analytics will supervise one staff member and will also be required to supervise multiple staff during special projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of the Fair Market Value study processes for the Commission;
- Managing the Primary Forest Products Buyer Registry;
- Researching and developing methodology of data analytics to provide the Commission, stakeholders, and Government with defensible information to assist with forest resource policy decision making;
- Managing the collection and reporting of cost of production, distribution and transportation of primary forest products;
- Management of the Forest Products Commission's data collection and reporting activities;
- Managing complex and sensitive issues, such as involvement in international trade issues, management of private data, etc.;
- Assisting with investigations, appeals and general Commission functions as required;
- Liaising with forest industry stakeholders and understanding their business and needs;
- Supporting the Executive Director of the Commission with timely and effective reporting.
- A Bachelor's degree in Science, Forestry, Business Administration, or Economics;
- A minimum of six (6) years of directly related experience within a Government and/or Forest Industry environment, including a minimum of five (5) years in a leadership role at the Manager level;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in forest resource and/or financial data analytics.
- Experience with data systems and design, analytics, and reporting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability on your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Coaching and Team Development;
- Organizational Awareness;
- Organizational Commitment;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Relationship Building;
- Results Orientation;
- Strategic Thinking.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized subject matter expertise and knowledge in complex database systems and management;
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, policies and procedures, including the Natural Products Act, Forest Products Act, and other applicable Acts;
- Knowledge of data and statistical analysis processes;
- Knowledge of conflict management practices;
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Consulting skills;
- Written and verbal communication skills.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be prepared to work outside of the standard work hours and travel within and outside of the province, as required.
SALARY: $ 65,650 to $ 87,360 per annum
APPLY TO: NBFPC-CPFNB@gnb.ca
Applications must be received on or before June 5, 2020.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.