Forest Products Market Analyst
New Brunswick Forest Products Commission
FOREST PRODUCTS MARKET ANALYST
The New Brunswick Forest Products Commission, in Fredericton, is seeking an individual for the position of Forest Products Market Analyst.
The Commission is responsible for developing, facilitating and/or supporting strategies that are in the best interest of the Province of New Brunswick, and for the overall conduct and performance of the regulated forest products marketing system in New Brunswick, while ensuring the respective Forest Products Marketing Boards properly exercise the powers granted to them.
Reporting directly to the Commission's Manager - Forest Products Market Analytics, the Forest Products Market Analyst will be responsible for the collection, monitoring, evaluation, and standardization of data reporting systems for primary forest products within the Commission's strategic and operational initiatives. The incumbent, in compliance with the Government of New Brunswick's Formal Management System, will focus on performance reporting and accountability to the Commission through the Manager - Forest Products Market Analytics. The Forest Products Market Analyst will be required to work on multiple projects as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of the Forest Products Commission's data collection systems;
- Developing statistical analyses that encourage and facilitate the optimum utilization of resources and the flow of primary forest products;
- Production and wood flow data collection and cleansing, standardization processes, as well as routine analyses;
- Effective research, standardization, analysis and reporting of data to assist with informed decision making by the Commission, stakeholders, and Government;
- Fair Market Value data collection, standardization and analysis processes for the Commission;
- Monitoring data collection with the Commission's Primary Forest Products Buyer Registry;
- Monitoring data collection methods to research cost of production, distribution and transportation of primary forest products;
- Assisting with investigations, appeals and general Commission functions as required;
- Liaising with forest industry stakeholders and understanding their business and needs;
- Supporting the Manager - Forest Products Market Analytics with timely and effective reporting.
- A Bachelor's degree in Science, Forestry, Business Administration, or Economics;
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience within a Government and/or forest industry environment;
- OR, a related post-secondary diploma and a minimum of six (6) years of data management experience within a Government and/or forest industry environment.
- Experience with forest resource data analysis.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability on your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Organizational Awareness;
- Organizational Commitment;
- Effective Interactive Communication;
- Relationship Building;
- Results Orientation;
- Strategic Thinking.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized subject matter expertise and knowledge in complex database systems and management;
- Knowledge of data and statistical analysis processes;
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Consulting skills;
- Written and verbal communication skills.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be prepared to work outside of the standard work hours and travel within and outside of the province, as required.
SALARY: $ 49,374 to $ 69,056 per annum
APPLY TO: NBFPC-CPFNB@gnb.ca
Applications must be received on or before June 5, 2020.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.