Pharmacy Assistant I 1
Sobeys Inc. in New Minas, NS
Requisition ID: 84486
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: NPG Pharmacy Ops Admin
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
City: New Minas
Location: Sobeys New Minas Store 0747
Postal Code: B4N 4A9
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Pharmacy Assistant is responsible for providing superior customer service in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner to pharmacy clients. Ability to be self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines will be the key to success in this role. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment
- Looking for someone to fill a permanent part-time position
- Offering 20 to 25 hours per week
- Must be available days, evenings and weekends
- Must be flexible to cover vacations.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Process customer transactions
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures
- Prepare prescription packages (Pill Pack, Unit Dose)
- Product order receiving/inventory
- Behind-the-counter (BTC) product coordination, and management
- RX call/release (guidelines)
- Perform administrative duties (i.e. filing, supplies, cleaning)
- Respond to customer, client, and healthcare related calls
- Other duties as assigned
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast environment
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Student (minimum pursuing High School)
- Previous pharmacy experience
- Experience with Sobeys National Pharmacy Group Computer systems
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.