NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Community of Moncton and Bouctouche
DEPARTMENT: Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: May 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This is a clinical position in the kinesiology field. The employee will be responsible for coordinating and supervising the exercise programs of patients with chronic illnesses. The responsibilities will consist of writing up exercise prescriptions, supervising exercise sessions, giving educational sessions on exercise and preparing the necessary equipment. Additional responsibilities will include the following: monitoring patients' response to exercise (heart rate, blood pressure, PE, oxygen saturation and ECG interpretation), making changes to exercise programs as needed, supervising kinesiology students and promoting the program. The position will also involve participating in the planning and implementation of the program's activities and may include activities in the following areas: quality improvement, performance management and generation of statistics, teaching students, conducting research, and workload management.
- Bachelor of; Science in Kinesiology
- Active member of the New Brunswick Kinesiology Association;
- ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist certification or obtaining this certification within a reasonable timeframe;
- Valid BLS certificate;
- Sense of leadership and motivation;
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to foster helping relationships;
- Ability to work during very busy periods;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English is necessary.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"