Leader, Financial Accounting and Reporting
Irving Business Services in Saint John, NB
LEADER - FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING & REPORTING
JDI Finance has over 250 finance professionals delivering accounting and reporting, business analysis and transactional services to the operating divisions of J.D. Irving, Limited. It is a collaborative organization of dedicated financial professionals offering many careers paths within finance and across our diverse businesses.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Leader, Financial Accounting and Reporting focused on our Transportation Division. This key position will be based in Saint John, New Brunswick and will work closely with all stakeholders to drive organizational value through ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the accounting and reporting function.
What We Offer:
As a valued member of our Finance team, you have the opportunity of a multitude of career paths across a number of diverse industries, all while building your skills with the organization. We offer a competitive benefit and salary package, and continuous training and development opportunities. Our head office location offers an employee fitness facility, as well as a café and parking garage.
- Bachelor's Degree, and Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) Designation
- 5 years of post-designation experience
- Highly self-motivated, innately curious, and solutions focused
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Previous supervisory experience, with a demonstrated track record of successful coaching and team development
- Strong ability to research and document accounting issues and have good depth and breadth of experience with financial statement preparation and reporting
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth
- Reporting to, and in collaboration with the Divisional Controller, the top priority and responsibility of this role is to ensure the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the accounting function. In addition to the application of your skills outlined above, this will be achieved primarily through:
- Developing a thorough understanding of the operations of the Transportation Division supported by the Accounting team.
- Working with the JDI Finance team, and others to ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures in accordance with applicable accounting guidelines.
- Liaising with operational and financial personnel at various levels to gather all information relevant to the accounting function.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and, as necessary, performing the following activities:
- Financial accounting, including general ledger maintenance.
- Financial and operating statement reporting for all legal entities and operating companies in the group.
- Periodic financial reporting, including weekly reports.
- Standard variance reporting, and related reports.
- Responsible for the management, and deliverables of the financial accounting staff.
- Other duties as required.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.