Senior Contracts Specialist
Fleetway Inc. in Halifax, NS
SENIOR CONTRACTS SPECIALST
Chart Your Course With Fleetway Inc...
With a strong foundation established over 30 years, Fleetway offers a comprehensive capability of engineering, technical, logistics, and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers.
Fleetway's experience includes project design and development, project implementation, in-service support, and disposal services. Serving commercial and government clients in the marine, naval, oil & gas, and other industrial sectors, we have the people, the credentials, the infrastructure, and the proven track record to provide our customers with the service excellence and value that they are looking for.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 designation.
We are looking for a qualified Senior Contracts Specialist for our Dartmouth, NS office.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Contracts Specialist supports the contractual requirements of various projects and produces highly detailed project performance reports to track, evaluate and communicate project financial status and results. This individual will develop contracts, prepare proposals and facilitate contract changes. Their ability to work efficiently, maintain relationships and aptitude for detail will serve them well in this role.
Qualifications & Skills:
- University Degree (Business or Engineering preferred)
- 5-8 years of experience in contracts, proposal writing and project reporting
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite with strong attention to detail
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Supports the contractual requirements of project by producing highly detailed project performance reports to track, evaluate and communicate project financial status and results to stakeholders.
- Responsible for contract development and maintenance, preparation of proposals, estimates and contract changes. This position also works and negotiates with customer project accountants and contract managers. The Sr. Contracts Specialists also develops work breakdown structures and appoints cost centres for engineering projects.
- Accountable for contract cost performance, tracking financial performance by managing WIP, revenue, labour and material costs by submitting accruals.
- Responsible for Project reporting, preparing necessary project reports (IRB, Intellectual property reports, controlled goods reports) and presents contract and project progress reports at progress review meetings. (PRM's).
What We Offer:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience, along with a comprehensive package including:
- Health and wellness benefits (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Immediate enrollment in company RRSP matching program
- Flexible work hours
- Access to new, state of the art gym
- Work in a purpose-built shipbuilding facility
Additionally, in your covering letter, we ask if you could identify how your work background and experience aligns with the job profile and requirements.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.