Universal Truck & Trailer in Saint John, NB
The Transportation and Logistics division of J.D. Irving, Ltd. is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors ( www.jdirving.com ). We are a recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services. We offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future through our business digitization initiatives.
We are growing our businesses, transforming our operations, maximizing our results and energizing our employees through investment and progressive technology that is making a difference. We value people and teamwork, and we seek and develop the very best talent to ensure that WE DELIVER!
Universal Truck and Trailer is Atlantic Canada's largest heavy duty truck and trailer dealership featuring the most up-to-date dealer service bays in Southern New Brunswick. We are an authorized sales, service, parts and warranty dealership for Freightliner and Western Star trucks. In addition, we service most makes and models for class 6, 7, and 8 vehicles, including luxury class RV's. We focus on exceeding customer requirements through continuously developing our team and building technical capabilities.
We currently have an opening at our location in Saint John, NB for Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager leads shop operations and provides leadership to front-line supervisors and technicians.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee operational performance including workflow, planning, continuous improvement, quality management, project execution, & safety initiatives
- Support and contribute to the strategic plans of the business and organization including business development, customer integration, digitization & engagement
- Provide coaching and supportive leadership to create a high performing, engaged team
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in business or engineering
- Certification in a trade is an asset
- Leadership experience with demonstrated ability to drive engagement, build and maintain strong relationships and growth preferably in an operations or industrial / mechanical environment
- Strong, confident communicator with the ability to facilitate continuous improvement and positive change
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Universal Sales Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.