Health Information Professional-2 (HP02)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Medical Archives
CLASSIFICATION: Health Information Professional-2 (HP02)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Days, evenings and weekends
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the direction of the Chief of Medical Records, the employee performs at the advanced level all technical tasks related to the management, coding, processing, access and protection of the information contained in the health file.
- Member in good standing of the Canadian International Health Records Association (CHIMA) and hold a valid certificate;
- Must be encouraged to become a member of the New Brunswick Association of Archivists;
- Have successfully completed a Health Information Management Program recognized by the Canadian Inter-Professional Health Records Association (CHIMA);
- Pass the national CHIMA certification exam / hold a valid CHIMA certificate; and be a member in good standing with CHIMA;
- Two (2) years of experience in the area of file coding would be an asset;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"