Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Dexel Developments Limited (Dexel) to recruit an Assistant Project Manager to join their team in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Dexel has been one of Halifax's premier multi-purpose, residential developers since it was founded in 1999. Specializing in large scale urban projects, Dexel is constantly pushing the boundaries of innovation while retaining their high standard for quality. Known for their strong community values, integrity, and creativity, Dexel's mission to be an urban regenerator has been proven through their work developing unique properties throughout the HRM such as St. Joseph's Square, Vic Suites and Flynn Flats and is demonstrated in future projects like Spring Garden West. Dexel looks forward to continuing to bring exceptional urban development to Halifax and are currently growing their team by adding an Assistant Project Manager to their team.
Reporting to the VP, Design and Construction, the Assistant Project Manager will have a broad range of responsibilities geared toward ensuring the design-build project moves efficiently through to completion. By joining the team at Dexel, you will be joining an entrepreneurial organization that has developed some of the most recognizable and creative residential buildings in Halifax. You will have the opportunity to grow your career and gain exposure to one of a kind construction projects that will shape the city's future, and you will be rewarded with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. By joining the team at Dexel, you will be joining an entrepreneurial organization that has developed some of the most recognizable and creative residential buildings in Halifax. You will have the opportunity to grow your career and gain exposure to one of a kind construction projects that will shape the city's future, and you will be rewarded with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Organize, schedule, and attend meetings with the municipality, consultants, sub-contractors, the Architecture team and the on-site teams, distributing minutes from those meetings
- Work with various stakeholders to help ensure the design-build project moves efficiently through to completion
- Coordinate sub-contactor bidding and tender documents, specifications from the design team, and close out documents (including as-built drawings, warranties and maintenance programs, and other construction documents)
- Ensure the site staff, Project Managers, and other stakeholders have the up to date information they require
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing estimates and take-offs as needed
- Work on multi-unit projects end-to-end with a focus on interior work finishes and details
- Degree in Civil or Industrial Engineering, or a Diploma in Construction Management Technology
- Demonstrated project management skills (PMP Certification an asset)
- Excellent computer abilities using Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
- Practical knowledge of estimating, with experience working in construction
- You are driven, highly organized and have demonstrated your ability to manage multiple priorities
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking "Apply Now" below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Keenan McGrath, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1148 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Keenan know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.