Grocery Service Clerks - Nova Scotia #ServingFamilies
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 73546
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Operations
Part Time or Full Time: Part Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King St. Office
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better - great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
From coast to coast our stores are in need of Grocery Service Clerks to support their local communities and keep our customers healthy and well fed. Join our team and play an essential role in serving Canadians during these unprecedented times.
As the Grocery Service Clerk, you will be responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. You will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Adherence to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, corporate policies and Health and Safety, and other programs and initiatives
- Provide exceptional service to meet customers' needs
- Keep work area clean and presentable at all times
- Handle, organize, and rotate product in accordance with company standards
- Process customer grocery orders
- Demonstrate growth in product knowledge; remain aware of product changes and seasonal requirements
- Remain current with weekly and in-store specials
- Apply all cash management procedures, as applicable
- Accurately record information in all appropriate logs
- Program execution and merchandising product, following company presentation standards
- Handle and prepare grocery products in accordance with company quality standards and food safety protocols
- Increase store sales by actively promoting products
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.