Medical Services Administrative Assistant - Medical Direction
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: To be determined (Tracadie or Caraquet)
DEPARTMENT: Medical Services
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Services Administrative Assistant - Medical Direction
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hours shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Performs administrative assistant duties for medical management and all medical personnel in the area. Responsible for the execution of office tasks related to the benefits of physicians. Organize the office appropriately.
- Graduate of a two-year medical secretary program from an approved school or any other education deemed equivalent;
- Five years' experience in a position of increasing responsibility in a work environment similar to the field of activity;
- Combination of training and experience deemed equivalent may be taken into consideration;
- Very good knowledge of computer tools and office automation applications and ability to use them (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Internet, Meditech, Outlook and vast knowledge of the Windows environment);
- Knowledge of medical terminology would be an asset;
- Very good planning, organizational, prioritization and time management skills;
- Personal qualities sought: leadership, sound judgment, initiative and creativity, ability to adapt to change, communication skills and positive attitude;
- Great interpersonal skills and client-focused, friendly attitude and easy to approach;
- Ability to produce high-quality work efficiently despite frequent interruptions;
- Great sense of responsibility;
- Above-average writing skills;
- Ability to organize agendas and meetings using technologies available (e.g. conference call, videoconference);
- Ability to take meeting notes and produce minutes;
- Flexibility in working hours;
- Ability to participate in changes;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Must have a valid driver's license;
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English are essential.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "